Monday, March 9, 2009

Back off my Lady











Even though the nit-picking of the nation's First Lady Michelle Obama's fashion choices have died down for a week, I have to address the scrutiny that she has received for not wearing sleeved clothing.

The First Lady showing her perfectly-toned arms has created so much fodder. Even the lady who does my eyebrow waxing said she thought she should have covered up during the President's recent Capitol Hill prime time press conference.

I thought she looked divine in the eggplant Narciso Rodriguez ensemble she wore. Purple is definitely her color.

Anyway, I think it is fantastic that she is toned, in shape and is daring with her fashion choices. I think also that people are just now realizing so many things. Black women are stunning...new style and trends in the White House are refreshing...and SO WHAT! I think we as a nation need to release the tight grip of tradition that we cling to, and accept that fashion is about making statements, turning heads and most of all being comfortable and having fun.

I have been pleasantly pleased with Mrs. Obama's fashions. I always wonder what she is going to wear next. I think she covers up when appropriate, and if it does not bother her, why does it bother US so much.

Aren't there more pressing matters to talk about???

(By the way, Mrs. Obama is wearing Michael Kors in her White House photo, Kai Milla in her green cocktail dress, Narciso Rodriguez in the third photo and a Jason Wu stunner in the fourth photo. All photos courtesy of Associated Press.)

No comments: