Wednesday, January 28, 2009

So-So SAGs

Sorry for the late blog on the 2009 red carpet of the SAG Awards. I was thrilled to see Meryl Streep win Best Actress and Sean Penn Best Actor.

I also have been preoccupied with writing stories for a new gig of mine. I am the Atlanta Women's Style writer for the Atlanta Examiner.

Anyway, back to the SAG's. I was not in love with a lot of the looks this year, but I will say I am anxious to see what happens at the Academy Awards.

I noticed that there were a lot of one-strap dresses. I think First Lady Michelle Obama might have started that trend. There was also a lot of white dresses this time, which for me is always refreshing to see.

First up:

I liked Anne Hathaway, who was a vision in white. The Azzaro gown she wore was embellished with a crystal neckline and bodice. This Grecian look sure did turn heads. She also dazzled with her jewelry in where she wore a half a million dollar of Cartier diamonds. Way to bling it out!



I liked Penelope Cruz's look with the black Azzedine Alaia halter gown.



She seems to chose black often and it really is a great look for her. What made me take notice was her jewelry. I loved the touch of red in the Chopard diamonds that she wore.




I really liked Christina Applegate's red carpet look in the draped, emerald Emmanuel Ungaro gown. I really liked the add of the Lorraine Schwartz diamond chain. Sometimes going through a personal health issue, like breast cancer and a double mastectomy like she has, really shows a reinvention of oneself. In her case, she looks better than she ever has to me.



I am SO proud of this red carpet beauty, Academy Award-nominee Taraji P.Henson. She looked like a doll in the hot color of the evening white, donning a Herve Leroux gown. White Hot!



I think my favorite look of the night went to Kate Winslet. This girl is on fire lately snagging up all of the awards all the while looking stunning. Her pick of a electric blue, Narciso Rodriguez Gown and Chopard jewels was just breathtaking.




Other honorable mentions are Freida Pinto, of Slumdog Millionaire fame, in a soft, periwinkle Marchesa gown.




Finally...Teri Hatcher in a dreamy, creamy white Monique Lhuiller. The dress looked like a origami surprise.

No comments: